Here is the latest information on the Reno/Sparks Housing Market.
- Days on Market (DOM) by Special Conditions
– Short sale properties had an average days on market of 232.
– Properties with no special conditions had an average days on market of 72.
– REO Properties had an average days on market of 90.
- New Listings
– September, 2013 new listings was down -20.1% to 583 compared to 730 in August,
2013 and up 5.0% compared to 555 in September 2012.
– Properties listed at under $250,000 made up 56% of new listings entering the
market during the month of September, 2013.
– 22% of new September, 2013 listings were distressed. Short sales 17%; REO 3%;
No special conditions 78%; and Other 2%.
- Distressed New Listings History
– The allocation of new listings by special conditions increased, representing 19% of
the market in September 2013, down from 19% in August 2013, and 47% in
- Status of Pending
– Active/Pending-Short Sale represent 39.6% of the total active pendings;
Active/Pending-Loan equals 23.3%; Pending-No Show represents 25.4%;
Active/Pending-Call 9.4%; and Active/Pending-House 2.3%.
- Current Months Supply of Inventory (Unsold Inventory over Sales per Month)
– At the end of September, 2013, there was 4.0 months of unsold inventory based on
the monthly sales rate.